Monday 7 April 2008

L is for Love

At the prompting of my colleague at "Late Night TomasAdomas"*, I have decided to update my blog on time this week. However, this is a temporary post. L is actually for Language - but it's a work in progress and I have an early start and a busy week of travelling ahead of me, so you will have to wait until the weekend.

Instead, (skirtas jums visiems mano Lietuvių draugams bei pažįstamams) a very short note to say I'm loving Lithuania at the moment (aš nejuokuoju). Spring has arrived and despite the rain today, there is a feeling of new potential in the air. I've lived here for getting-on 3 years and whilst sitting with friends over dinner (žinoma, šnekėdami lietuviškai) this evening and recollecting my initial and most memorable experiences - girls who would only talk Lithuanian to me (I appreciate it now, but at the time thought it was just rude), guys who showed me where to buy food, feeling like I was about to die in an empty building that may or may not have been a hospital** - I realise I have come to love Lithuania with all it's quirks and rude old ladies.
I'm leaving this summer and believe me, it's going to be hard.

Lietuva, aš myliu tave! Ir net šiandien myliu močiutėlę, kuria gyvena apačioje.
Gal aš per daug bulvinių blynių persivalgau?


*http://www.youtube.com/user/prenlex (out of date, bizarre and pseudo-arty/ comedy pieces - watch the ones without us in.)

**a post about that event will follow in due course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well maybe u just love the mociute coz ur in a different town. nice crossover post by the way, the tomasadomas brand lives on ;)